The taste of those donuts remained forever with me and I was really delighted when Mad Over Donuts opened. This weekend ,I was in no mood to cook anything special, but when I saw how easy it is to make them, I thought to give it a try.
For 10 small size donuts
2 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Oil for frying.
1 medium potato
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup All purpose flour
1tsp baking powder
- Mash boiled potato.
- Mix yeast with 1/2 cup warm milk.Set aside till it froths.
- Mix yeast-milk, oil, potato, salt, flour and baking powder. Knead the dough. Add more milk or water if it is too dry
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut a bigger circle using a donuts cutter/cookie cutter/drinking glass. Cut a smaller circle inside it.
- Lay the donuts on a deep plate and cover it with a wet dish cloth so that donuts don't dry. Let it sit for an hour and half or till it doubles.
- Heat oil to 375F.
- Fry the donuts for 2-3 minutes frequently turning, so that it not too brown and still cooked. Check one first to get an idea for how much time you need to fry it. Drain well while taking it out .Keep on a paper towel for any excess oil to be soaked.
- When the donuts are cooled , apply the glaze of your choice. I have used 4oz melted chocolate + 1/4th cup warmed cream mixed till smooth. And added chocolate sprinklers.